In Monarch, we now offer you the ability to Group, Merge, or Rename Accounts if you have the permission. Accounts that import in with misspelled words or the improperly used (or forgotten!) apostrophe can be fixed instantly. So why not group those local auto dealers together to make reporting easier for you? The choices are yours, but the benefits can be seen by all!
To access the Localized Maintenance page, click on the Account Maintenance option under Lists in the Navigation Panel on the left hand side of your screen.
- Search - Search for any of the Accounts on the Localized Maintenance List.
- Name - The Name of the Account that you wish to Group, Merge, or Rename. This is also a link to the corresponding Account Profile page if you need to get any additional information about the account.
- Type - Determines if the account is Lead, Prospect, or Billing. Often times this is used to determine if an account should be merged (misspelled prospect with a correctly spelled billing account) or just renamed (a single misspelled billing or prospect account)
- Group - The current grouping of the Account. An Account can only belong to one group at a time.
- Creation Date - The date that the Account was created either manually (Leads and Prospects) or imported from traffic for the first time (Billing Accounts)
- Last Billed - The last month and year that the Account has billing within Matrix. For Leads and Prospects this is the creation month/year.
- Gear Options- Hovering over a row displays the gear which will allow you to Group, Merge, or Rename the Accounts
Grouping an Account
While hovering over the account that you wish to Group accounts, click on the gear on the right and select Group.
From the dialog box, you can search for an existing group or create a new one. You'll know if the group exists because it will display as you type. If nothing displays, then the groups does not yet exist exist and you can simply finish the name of the group you would like and press Save when you are done. Once saved, the list will update and the group will display for the recently edited account.
Merging an Account
While hovering over the account that you wish to Merge, click on the gear on the right and select Merge.
From the dialog box, you can search for an existing account that you wish to merge the selected account into. When the account you wish to merge into is found, select it and Save. Once saved, the list will update and the account that you had selected to be merged into the other account will have disappear from your list...as it now has been merged and its data will have been combined under one account name.
NOTE: If the account(s) that you would like to merge are not listed in the Account Maintenance List, that means they are also listed in other markets and you do not have access to perform any maintenance on them. Please contact Matrix Support for assistance.
Renaming an Account
While hovering over the account that you wish to Rename, click on the gear on the right and select Rename.
From the dialog, you can edit the name of the selected account. You need to make sure that the name you are changing the account to is unique within Monarch. If it isn't, you will receive an error and at the point you might want to consider merging accounts instead of renaming it. After entering in the name of the account you would like, click on Save. Once saved, the list will update and the new account name will display.
Please Note: Account Maintenance will only be available if you have the permissions for "Local Account Maintenance" on your user profile. If you feel that you need access to perform account Renaming, Merging and Grouping, please contact us at (877) 687-9066 and we’ll talk through your role and responsibilities to see if it’s a good fit. Also, it is important to note that you can ONLY Rename, Merge, or Group accounts that are within your data partition (market). This is so that you do not change the name of Accounts in other markets without all parties being involved and it helps to keep the data predictable and clean.